Sunday, August 29, 2010

Weekend Getaway

8/20/10

However far away I will always love you
However long I stay I will always love you
Whatever words I say I will always love you
I will always love you
                      The Cure



I asked for the day off and we decided to go to Solvang for our anniversary.  34 Years.  We started later as I ran in the morning.  We took the 15 to the 78 to the 5 to the 405.  Unforunately, we lost the carpool lane just after the 10 on the 405 and had traffic the rest of the day.  Stopped at Thousand Oaks to have lunch at Five Guys.  It is definiately different than In-N-Out.  I ordered the bacon hamburger with everything and B ordered the little hamburger with all.  We also got an order of fries.  It was very good.  Well worth the effort.  None by us in SD, about 20 miles away.  In-N-Out less than 3 miles from home.

We continued on our trip and hit big traffic in Santa Barbara.  We made it to Solvang at 5pm and checked in to the Village at Peterson Inn.  We had a nice room with a king size bed.  We had not made any plans for dinner so we looked through the magazines in the room. B found a place called the Red Barn.  It was great.  We sat outside in their patio,  B had a Top Sirloin and I had a New York Steak.  I had them put on the outdoor heaters towards the end of our meal as it was getting cool. 

I could feel at the time
There was no way of knowing
Fallen leaves in the night
Who can say where they're blowing
As free as the wind
And hopefully learning
Why the sea on the tide
Has no way of turning
More than this - there is nothing
More than this - tell me one thing
More than this - there is nothin
                     Roxy Music


8/21/10 Anniversary

We woke up and ate breakfast at the hotel.  European continental breakfast.  We then went out and walked throught the town.  It had been awhile since we have been there.  It is really a cool place to visit and the weather was great.  We ate lunch at the Heidelburg Inn.  http://www.theheidelberginn.com/.  The food was good.  We also tasted Italian style wine form a local winey, Mandolina.   For dinner we went to the Hitching Post II.  Maya was a waitress there.  For reference watch Sideways.   http://www.hitchingpost2.com/  The food was great and we ate too much.

August 22, 2010


You're just like crosstown traffic
So hard to get through to you
Crosstown traffic
I don't need to run over you
Crosstown traffic
All you do is slow me down
And I'm tryin' to get on the other side of town
                                  Jimi Hendrix


We got up early and ate breakfast and got on the road to head for home.  Got out of Santa Barbara before the traffic.  Stopped in La Mirada at one of our favorite places to eat.  Northwoods Inn.  http://www.clearmansrestaurants.com/
Two Salads and Cheese bread.  Yummy. 

Solvang Lutheran Church



Solvang






1 comment:

Jen said...

It's such a cute place. I hope Brian and I get to go sometime. Sounds like you had a good time.