Sunday, August 29, 2010

Lost 80's

B won tickets to the 4th & B for Lost 80's.  We had dinner at the Studio Diner.  http://www.studiodiner.com/
It was delicoius.  I ate too much again.  Need to run more. 

Drove downtown to the concert.  It started 1 hour and 40 minutes late.  The good part was they had Stop Making Sense, the concert from the Talking Heads playing.  I love that show.  I have it in VHS if that tells you something. 

I got a girlfriend thats better than this
And you don’t remember at all
As we get older and stop making sense
You won’t find her waiting long
Stop making sense, stop making sense...stop
making sense, making sense
I got a girlfriend that’s better than that
And nothing is better that this
                      Talking Heads

Why is it when we get older we stop making sense and when we are young we don't make sense.  William Wordworth. 

The first band was When in Rome.  Known for The Promise.  After the concert the lead singer John Ceravolo walked around the venue.  Watching the shows and talking to fans.

I'm sorry, but I'm just thinking of the right words to say. (I promise)
I know they don't sound the way I planned them to be. (I promise)
But if you wait around a while, I'll make you fall for me,
I promise, I promise you I will.
                     When in Rome



Next up was Gene Loves Jezebel.  I want to be like him.  An aging rocker with long hair, bad habits and a great gig.  I know of them but knew only a few of the songs.  B thought he was creapy.

What you get is what you seek.
Desire.
What you get is what you seek
Desire.
              Gene Loves Jezebel



Martha Davis and the Motels were next.  Only her from the original band,  They did play some new music but the old hits were most popular with the crowd.  The crowd was from younger people probably born in the the 80's to those of us that came of age in the 80's.  She walked by us on her way to sigh autographs.

It happened one summer
It happened one time
It happened forever
For a short time
A place for a moment
An end to dream
Forever I loved you
Forever it seemed
             The Motels


Next up was Dramarama, but we were exhausted so after a few songs we left.  I wanted to hear Anything Anything but it was going to be later and not worth the wait.  Aging rockers are not that pretty to see.  Haha.  Plus they are from New Jersey & the lead singer kept walking around with his hat on and sunglasses and trying to strike a pose.  Creapy.  Out of here.

Okay, what is it tonight?
please just tell me what the hell is wrong!
Do you want to eat?
Do you want to sleep?
Do you want to drown?
Just settle down, settle down, settle down!
I'll give you candy
Give you diamonds
Give you pills
Give you anything you want
Hundred-dollar bills
I'll even let you watch the shows you want to see
Just marry me, marry me, marry me
                            Dramarama

Home after midnight and movies to watch to watch on cable.  A good night out.

No comments: