Monday, July 5, 2010

San Diego Padres

July 3, 2010

B & I got tickets through some special offer.  $10 off the tickets, a free hotdog & a free soft drink & a free cap.  Despite have only 2 stars on the team (Adrian Gonzalez & Heath Bell) the Padres are leading the NL in wins.  Their pitching is outstanding and leading the league.  The fact that only Gonzalez was the only Padre picked for the AllStar game shows that this season has been a group effort with a different player stepping up each day.  I have to admit I thought at the beginning of the season they were destined for last place.  The season is only half over so it will be interesting to see what happens.

I don't need this pressure on
I don't need this pressure on
I don't need this pressure on
I don;t need this pressure on
                              Spandau Ballet

The economy is still effecting all areas including sports.  The Padres attendance is down this year compared to the past 2 years and this year they have a winning team.

Petco Park is a wonderful ballpark to watch a game and either before or after the Gaslamp District is right their for food & drink.

Okay today's game started at 5:35.  The sun was shining downtown so the cap came in handy right away.  The Padres were playing the Astros, whom they should beat.  The game was tight all the way with the Padres scoring one run in the bottom of the 8th and Heath Bell getting the save.  Padres win 1-Nil.  I have to be honest, it felt like a freaking World Cup soccer game, no scoring.  My guess is that now with steroid testing the hitters can't hit and the pitching is back on top.




 

No comments: