Monday, July 5, 2010

San Diego County Fair

July 2, 2010

Nobody knows what human life is.
Why we come, why we go.
So why then do I know
I will see you,
I will see you in far off places?
                                Morrissey




B & I went to the San Diego County Fair on Friday afternoon.  The fair is located in Del Mar at the race track.  It is a wonderful location close to the ocean.  The fair like most fairs have animals, exhibits and fun zones.  In our younger days we spent more time in the fun zone.  Not anymore. 

Like most fairs there are concerts each night.  Friday night's concert was OneRepublic & Alpha Rev.  I listen to a wide range of music, but the only thing I knew about either band was 2 songs- Apologize and Stop & Stare.  Not much to go on.  Apologize was played to death even on UK radio.  Stop & Stare never did much for me so I was going along because B wanted to go. 

We had great GA seats and the Alpha Rev was a very good.  The band played a half hour set and even though I knew none of their songs I was feeling it.  After the change out OneRepublic took the stage.  There was a lot of energy and each member of the band (not drummer) played different instuments during the show.  It was really a good show that came with the fair admittance.

Afterwards - funnel cake.  What can I say?  Those of you that have eaten them at a fair know what I am talking about.

A spectacular afternoon & evening.

No comments: