Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Who put the M in Manchester? See 2/27/13

February 2013

February 3, 2013

Super Bowl

We went to Christine and Betsy's for the Big Game.  Betsy was really pulling for her 49ers.  Connie  and Russ were there too.  It's always great to be around family.  I have a dislike of Jim Harbaugh since his run in with Pete Carroll and "what's the deal", also the Lion's coach.  I think Stone Brewery named a beer after him- Arrogant Bastard.  If he was this wired as an athlete you would think he would have won some hardware. Captain Comeback always came up short.

The Spread:





Yummy.  Drove home full and tired.

Feb 9, 2013

Ponies at Santa Anita.

We celebrated Connie's $#@! birthday at Santa Anita.

http://www.santaanita.com/

Connie, Russ, Christine, Betsy, Bridget and myself got together to celebrate another year older.  There are no pictures because we forbidden from taking any subject to harsh punishment.  We all had a great time. There was no winner that day, but if someone now says they won big, don't believe them.

February 23. 2013

Baby Panda and Mom at the San Diego Zoo.

Xiao Liwu (or "little gift") Baby Wu

Bridget has watched the Panda cam since birth.








February 27, 2013

MORRISSEY

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour
But Heaven knows, I'm miserable now
I was looking for a job and then I found a job
And Heaven knows, I'm miserable now
In my life, why do I give valuable time
To people who don't care if I live or die ?
Two lovers entwined pass me by
And Heaven knows, I'm miserable now
I was looking for a job and then I found a job
And Heaven knows, I'm miserable now
                                           Morrissey

Morrissey is coming back to San Diego, this time a smaller venue at the Balboa Theatre.  We just saw him in May 2013 so Bridget didn't want to go.  I bought one ticket then waited to see if the concert would ever happen.

He started off back east and did about 9 concerts and then had to postpone the next 19.

Upon his return to the States, the singer himself was then hit with Barrett’s esophagus and a bleeding ulcer forcing a number of shows to be cancelled.

He was able to do 6 more, one of which was San Diego then,

Sweetness, sweetness
I was only joking
When I said I'd like to
Smash every tooth in your head
Sweetness, sweetness
I was only joking
When I said by rights
You should be bludgeoned in your bed
And now I know how Joan of Arc felt
Now I know how Joan of Arc felt
As the flames rose to her Roman nose
And her Walkman started to melt
Bigmouth, Bigmouth
Bigmouth strikes again
And I've got no right to take my place
With the human race
                       Morrissey
You would not think a vegan would get a bleeding ulcer or that sick.
His second comeback ended permanently not long after following a diagnosis of double pneumonia.

Balboa Theatre is a theater located in downtown San Diego, California. It was listed in the National Register of Historic Places in 1996. Built in 1924, the Balboa Theatre was a grand 1920s movie palace with a seating capacity of 1,600. Wikipedia
 

SETLIST
01 “That Joke Isn’t Funny Anymore”
02 “Everyday Is Like Sunday”
03 “How Soon Is Now?
04 “Irish Blood, English Heart”
05 “November Spawned A Monster”
06 “Ouija Board, Ouija Board”
07 “I’m Throwing My Arms Around Paris”
08 “Speedway”
09 “Action Is My Middle Name”
10 “Alma Matters”
11 “You’re The One For Me, Fatty”
12 “You Have Killed Me”
13 “Still Ill”
14 “To Give (The Reason I Live)”
15 “Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I want”
16 “Meat Is Murder”
17 “Let Me Kiss You”
18 “The Boy With The Thorn In His Side”

The first song was tongue in cheek.  He was suppose to be on Jimmy Kimmel but the other guest were the cast from Duck Dynasty.  Since they are hunters and he is pro animal he refused to go on.   In the clip, Kimmel also says he chose to keep "Duck Dynasty" on the show because "they have guns and Morrissey doesn't." He also said Moz "keeps finding ways to depress us."
His performance was great.  I still enjoyed hearing all the songs.  It was a sold out show and everyone seemed to go home happy just to see and hear him one more time.


 Morrissey @ Balboa Theatre
Morrissey @ Balboa Theatre

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06yhyX20ywM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn2CzE4-xS4

Is it wrong to want to live on your own?
No, it's not wrong - but I must know
How can someone so young
Sing words so sad?
Sheila take a, Sheila take a bow
Boot the grime of this world in the crotch, dear
And don't go home tonight
Come out and find the one that you love and who loves you
Is it wrong not to always be glad?
No, it's not wrong - but I must add
How can someone so young
Sing words so sad?
Sheila take a, Sheila take a bow

                         Morrissey

His South American Tour cancelled in summer 2013 as well.  Might have been lucky to see him one last time.

Morrissey returned to Los Angeles after falling ill with food poisoning on the eve of the South American trek. A Chilean concert promoter originally announced Morrissey had postponed the entire tour, but then, days later, informed fans that the ex-Smiths singer was planning to rescheduling his concerts in Chile for early August, although two shows in Peru wouldn’t be made up.
A week later, the Chilean dates make-up dates still had not been announced, but now are scuttled altogether, along with shows in Brazil and Argentina that hadn’t been canceled.
Morrissey was to have resumed touring this month for the first time since his trouble-plagued North American trek in late 2012 and earlier this year that, after multiple postponements, finally was canceled altogether in mid-March. The singer’s publicists blamed the cancellations on “a series of medical mishaps over the past few months including a bleeding ulcer, Barrett’s esophagus and double pneumonia.”



No comments: