Sunday, August 11, 2013

June 2013 Wellington and Branch


June 16, 2013

Bridget took care of things today and made reservations at the Wellington Steak and Martini Club.

http://www.thewellingtonsd.com/

Check out the website.  Some pictures and of course food and drink menus.  The service and food were excellent.  The Beef Wellington was outstanding.  All in all a great place to try again.






June 29,2013

Uncorked Wine Walk  Wine - Food - Music

Bridget saw this and thought it would be something to do.  I know you are not going to believe this but we did not buy the wine tasting tickets. Missed the boat on that one.  Did not see all the food that was there but definitely saw the wine.

Participating Temecula Valley Wineries and the wines that will be poured include –

Lorimar Winery: Estate Syrah, Sauvignon Blanc, Granache Sparkling Wine
Europa Village: Viognier, Grenache Rose, Syrah, En Vie Blanc
Palumbo Family Vineyards & Winery: ’12 Viognier, ’10 Sangiovese
Keyways Winery: Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Tempranillo, Mataro, Valley Cuvee Du Nord
Falkner Winery: 2012 Sauvignon Blanc, 2011 Rosato-Rose; 2008 Amante-Super Tuscan; and 2008 Meritage-Bordeaux Blend
Monte De Oro Winery: 2007 Syrah, 2009 Zinfandel, 2012 Nostimo White Wine
Callaway Vineyard & Winery: 2010 Chardonnay WR, 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon SS, 2011 Gewurztraminer SS and Belle Rose Sparkling
Vindemia Estate Winery:  2006 Commonwealth Bordeaux Blend
Miramonte Winery: Estate Syrah; Bin 380 (Rhone Blend); Chardonnay
Maurice Car’rie/Van Roekel: Maurice Carrie Sauvignon Blanc, Maurice Carrie Tempranillo, Van Roekel Grenache Rose
Thornton Winery:  Thornton Non-Vintage Brut Champagne, 2012 Chardonnay, and the 2010 Thorny’s Coat Red
Wilson Creek Winery & Vineyard: Almond Champagne, Decadencia, Roussanne, Double Dog

First up for entertainment was Brandon and Leah.


Yep Jenner.

So many reasons for you to be smiling
But you’re not about to see ‘em,
You’re not about to feel ‘em,
You’re not about to be ‘em
You don’t believe them
So many reasons for you to be angry
So many reasons, it’s not the way you planned it
But all you can do is see ‘em,
All you can do is feel ‘em,
All you can do is let them be
Life happens
While you making other plans
Life happens
While you tryna understand
You’re kicking it in the shade
And you’re thinking you got it made
Life is gonna happen to you anyway
Life happens, life happens

http://brandonandleah.com/

http://brandonandleah.com/video/  Life Happens is good.

Not as bad as I was thinking when we got there.

Next up Michelle Branch

I remember playing The Spirit Room in 2001-2002 and we saw her when she was one half of The Wreckers when they opened for Keith Urban.

I've been searching deep down in my soul
Words that I'm hearing are starting to get old
It feels like I'm starting all over again
The last three years were just pretend
And I said,
Goodbye to you
Goodbye to everything I thought I knew
You were the one I loved
The one thing that I tried to hold on to
The one thing that I tried to hold on to
                                           MB



It was an acoustic set and she played for awhile.  There were some young girls with wristbands that did not look over 21, they were singing along to all the songs.  So she still is reaching new audiences with her older songs.


Now, don’t just walk away
Pretending everything’s ok
And you don’t care about me
And I know there’s just no use
When all your lies become your truths and I don’t care... yeah, yeah, yeah

Could you look me in the eye
And tell me that you’re happy now, ohhh, ohhh
Would you tell it to my face or have I been erased,
Are you happy now?
Are you happy now?
                           MB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1vjRu3WUEE



Poor girl, she kept thinking that in a few days she would be turning 30.  Here we go again - Life Happens. Going back in the studio soon, hopefully she will come out with some new music.

Turn it inside out so I can see
The part of you that's drifting over me
And when I wake you're, you're never there
But when I sleep you're, you're everywhere
You're everywhere
Just tell me how I got this far
Just tell me why you're here and who you are
'Cause every time I look
You're never there
And every time I sleep
You're always there
'Cause you're everywhere to me
And when I close my eyes it's you I see
You're everything I know
That makes me believe
I'm not alone
I'm not alone
           MB
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc9k3-fwwYM&list=RD02d1vjRu3WUEE

Had a good time and it was free.  Next year maybe wine tasting.  $10.00 was all it was so we should have done it.  Now we know they set up several little areas around the mall for the tastings with wristbands.


I wanted to be like you
I wanted everything
So I tried to be like you
And I got swept away
I didn't know that it was so cold
And you needed someone
to show you the way
So I took your hand and we figured out
That when the time comes
I'd take you away
If you want to
I can save you
I can take you away from here
So lonely inside
So busy out there
And all you wanted
was somebody who cares
                             MB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aViAxK3SKU&list=RD02d1vjRu3WUEE



No comments: