Thursday, April 7, 2011

San Diego Museum of Art

Feb 20, 2011

I'm painting, I'm painting again.
I'm painting, I'm painting again.
I'm cleaning, I'm cleaning again.
I'm cleaning, I'm cleaning my brain.
Pretty soon now, I will be bitter.
Pretty soon now, Will be a quitter.
Pretty soon now, I will be bitter.
You can't see it 'til it's finished
I don't have to prove...that I am creative!
I don't have to prove...that I am creative!
All my pictures are confused
And now I'm going to take me to you.
                                        Talking Heads


It's Museum Month in San Diego.  Half off admission presented by Macy's.  We ate breakfast and then headed to Balboa Park. http://www.balboapark.org/  It is such a great place with the museums, zoo, park and the Old Globe theatre.  If you have never been there it is well worth a visit.

We walked around trying to decide which one to visit.  We decided to go to the San Diego Museum of Art.  There was an exhibition of 12 paintings by Sir Thomas Gainsborough (1727–1788), that explored the ways that women, art, and fashion came together to contribute to a new sense of women’s roles in society in the mid to late eighteenth century.  Yeah I didn't write that last sentence. 

They also had an exhibtion of Time and Place, the most recent work of Sir Howard Hodgkin (born 1932), one of Great Britain’s most renowned painters of the later 20th century.  Now his paintings were quite interesting.

It was a nice liesurely Sunday.

http://www.sdmart.org/




No comments: