Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Jingle Ball 2010

December 13, 2010









Bridget mentioned that she really wanted to see Sara Bareilles so I got tickets.  We have gone to the larger Jingle Balls at Cox Areana (now called Viejas) in the past.  Anthology is one of our favorite places to see a concert because it is an intimate setting.  The show started at 9pm.  We had great seats on the bottom floor at the end of an aisle.  They didn't have it set up for dinner like usual.  The tables were gone and more chairs in a row were set up to accomodate a larger crowd.

http://www.anthologysd.com/

breathe, just breathe

take the world off your shoulders
and put it on me
breathe, just breathe
let the life that you lead
be all that you need
                     Ryan Star

First up was Ryan Star.  He was good and played his music although I was not too familiar with most of the songs.  He did engage the crowd and everyone seemed to enjoy his portion of the show.

Next up was Sara Bareilles.  She was funny and charming.  Even if she went to that other school.

Keep drinking coffee, stare me down across the table

While I look outside
So many things I'd say if only I were able
But I just keep quiet and count the cars that pass by
You've got opinions, man
We're all entitled to 'em
But I never asked
So let me thank you for your time
And try not to waste any more of mine
Get out of here fast
I hate to break it to you babe
But I'm not drowning
There's no one here to save
Who cares if you disagree? You are not me
Who made you king of anything?
So, you dare tell me who to be
Who died and made you king of anything
                                              Sara

She played the piano and guitar.  It was a great show and I'm glad Bridget suggested it.







Late night though.


































































































































































































































































































































































No comments: